Thursday, September 20, 2007

Weeknight Warrior!

I love softball! MUCHO GUSTO. I played rec ball until probably my sophomore year in high school. Then I noticed boys ;)

People at work have often talked about getting a team together but it always fell through. This year we actually have two teams. The co-eds and the men's.I have been having a blast. The cheering, the laughing, the getting mad and the getting dirty. (If you don't get dirty in softball then there is something wrong.)

I am sure all of you know what these are.



:) I am not exactly what you would call - graceful. If I had a name of Native origins it would be "One That Falls With Style - Often". Yes it is a mouthful but my feet are separated from the rest of my body. Not physically but they have their own minds.

So to make a long story short. I was trying to beat out a throw to home that I knew I would possibly not make but I was going to give it my all! And perhaps because I am self-conscious of my running "style" - which has been joked about many a time - my feet tangled and I went down.

In slow motion the ground and dirt came flying. I shot out my left arm when all I could see where parts of the green CONCRETE wall. The crowd gasped. I didn't hit the wall but bumped my head as I skidded to a stop.

When I could look up again there were lots of feet in my face.

I felt a pop in my left knee as the entanglement happened. It was awful. But I did not cry. You see there is a no crying rule or something.

They carried me off the field and an really nice guy, and EMT named Cameron (THANKS), was there. He checked out my knee to see if I needed to go to emergency. Unfortunately the only thing I could think of at the time was "I DIDN'T SHAVE MY LEGS TODAY!!!"

So I am sorry if you cut yourself Cameron. :)

But after a x-ray the next day, the medical community decided it wasn't broken or dislocated. It was just very painful and swollen. Crutches for a couple of days, lots of ice and prescription remedies. I also had my loving family around to pitch in with dinners, feeding dogs, washing kids, and keeping my sorry behind company. So thank you to Scott, Chase, Maddie, Mom and Dad! xoxoxoxoxo

So I am on the mend. No crutches. Less hobbling. More picture taking!

No comments: