Friday, September 21, 2007

Sharing is caring

I was invited Wednesday night to attend a photographer's meeting in Sacramento by my friend Sam Harnack. We listened to David Jay, a destination photographer from Santa Barbara, speak. Even though he spoke some about photography and the biz, he also talked about life. When we are most busy, we are miserable. We aren't ourselves.

Some of the things he talked about could be relayed to life, so I am going to do my best to relay and share the message.

- Spend time planning your life. We will plan for vacations weeks before but not for where we want our lives to go.

- Develop your personality. Everyone has one but you make it unique.

- Be interesting or be invisable. This stuck a cord with me because there are days where I fell withdrawn just watching life go by.
Be an active participant. We are all so isolated - get involved.

- You control your life.

- Encourage other people. They probably have their share of naysayers. And who doesn't want to be validated.

So thank you David Jay for your inspiration and Thank you Sam for being so helpful and allowing me to share ideas.

-Jen

No comments: