Thursday, January 31, 2008

Where I started...

I often get, "How did you get into photography?". Well I fell into it. I was an art history major at first. But then family asked where is the money in that. The I decided on English Lit. I loved to read and everyone said I should become a teacher.
Well the first class in lit proved fatal to that goal. The prof gave everyone a D or below on the first paper.
My elective that year was photography. My mom said she had enjoyed when she was in college. The photo tech, Jack, said I should apply for an internship at the local paper and I laughed. I spent all semester photographing windmills and cemeteries. And the rest, as they say, is history.
So I am mostly self taught, although I have had some excellent teachers along the way.

Speaking of cemteries, a friend and I were in Lockeford one day and I took her to the Harmony Grove Church and Cemetery. It has some old headstones and is peaceful. Here are some of the out takes.














No comments: